Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Love for Fern

Last week was a long holidays in Thailand. I didn't go anywhere, just stayed home with my daughter. They were the most peaceful days I've been longed for. I did a lot of potting and shopping for a lot of new ferns. It is one of the most happiest times in life. While I was looking at all my gorgeous ferns, the question just landed on me; why do I like fern so much?

It has been a year and a half that I've been in love with the Fern, the incredibly beautiful plants. I've never been a green-thumb kinda person before. Don't know if it is the age that I pay interests to planting - oh..I hope not. The question got me thinking... I ended up asking my hubby of what he thinks. He told me that I have eyes for "art" (I just don't have the gift, thanks sweetheart) and the Fern is sort of artful looking plants. I can't be more agreed. Now that I came back and looked at those ferns. The shape of their leaves are totally different. Some are rounded. Some are longer and some even have different color leaves. Now I have the answer for myself. Let's the images illustrate what I meant.....


















"Polypodium sp." with extremely bifurcated shape



















"Hemionitis artfolia" -- with its beautiful heart shape



















"Adiantum Macrophyllum" -- with light-pink touch on the leave.



















"Adiantum malati" -- the dwarf one.


See? These are just a few. There are a lot that really do take my breath away. So, just like what I put on top of my blog.... "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breaths away." I definitely go on the right path then...

No comments: